Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wolfe's Barbeque

Wolfe's is the first stop in one of my favorite food categories -- BBQ.  I grew up in Kansas City so I've had plenty of exposure to the tangy, spicy good stuff.  I got the sliced brisket sandwich with spicy sauce and  beans, Sandy got the pork with sweeter sauce.


The barbecue was pretty good, the sauce was thick and not too vinegary, just like I like it, and the meat had the requisite pink smoke ring that lets you know it was cooked low and slow.  The atmosphere was perfect for barbecue, very casual, with vinyl tablecloths and food served on paper plates.

Wolfe's is our first casualty, as it closed on Christmas day after 25 years.  From this article it sounds like it is closing by choice, but still too bad to see a long time Colfax restaurant close its doors.  Here was the line on the Wolfe's last day.



Also, as I was leaving Wolfe's, I came upon a sight that you might only see on Colfax -- 3 bicyclists, one wearing a leapord costume, the next with a stuffed fish hat, and the last with a bear hooded cape.  Sadly, I didn't get my camera out in time to get a picture.

Wolfe's Barbeque on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment